The following are some of the frequently asked questions at our Caribbean plastic surgery clinic at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery. Most can be answered by referring to the plastic surgery information on this website.
- I am looking for plastic surgery information about XYZ ? Refer to XYZ on our Caribbean plastic surgery website, search for plastic surgery information using the search function on the website, post your question to the forum, read about recovery from surgery, learn how to prepare for your procedure
- How much does XYZ cost / I just want to know what XYZ costs / What does plastic surgery cost ? Please refer to the cosmetic surgery price list; otherwise, a personal consultation is needed, see here. Aside from those two, neither our administrative staff nor surgeons or anesthesiologists can or will provide any cost estimates without a consultation with one of our surgeons (see below).
- Who are the surgeons ? See here.
- What is a board certified plastic surgeon ? Completed training in plastic surgery (not dentistry or general surgery or some other specialty) in a recognized training program, passed the exam by a respected recognized specialty board (Europe, USA, Canada) and holds a board certificate / certificate of completion of specialty training in plastic surgery (it is not sufficient to be fellow of the XYZ college of ABC, member of the society / association of such and such etc.).
- Who does plastic, aesthetic and cosmetic surgery procedures ? Only board certified plastic surgeons.
- Where do you perform your procedures ? We operate at Westshore Medical Center in Port-of-Spain.
- Do you accept insurances ? We do not deal with insurances directly. All cosmetic procedures are excluded by all known insurance carriers. Reconstructive procedures (hand surgery, burn surgery, craniofacial surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, breast reconstruction) are often covered by your insurance plan.
- Where are you located ? We have clinics in Port-of-Spain at Westshore Medical Center.
- How do I make an appointment ? Exclusively through the patient coordinator at our main office. Appointments cannot be made and will not be honored by any other ways and means. We strictly and without exception see patients by appointment only. We do not accept any walk-ins.
- How can I talk to a surgeon to get more plastic surgery information about XYZ ? By making an appointment for personal consultation, skype or phone consultation or our closed, private teleconference system with our patient coordinator at our main office. A consultation fee applies independent of modality.
Caribbean and International Plastic, Aesthetic and Cosmetic Surgery – Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery – The Superior Choice for Plastic Surgery in the Caribbean – Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Miami, New York, London and Toronto.
1. A Cleft Pastiche
2. A Cure for Migraine Headaches: Botox, Nerve Decompression, Brow Lifting and Septoplasty
3. Abdominoplasty – Tummy Tuck
4. Abdominoplasty Surgery – Structure is Beauty
5. Acne Scars on Dark Skin: What works and what doesn’t
6. Aesthetic Craniomaxillofacial Surgery of the Midface
7. Allison’s (Port-of-Spain, Trinidad) Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
8. Asian Rhinoplasty
9. Autologous Breast Augmentation with Fat Grafting
10. Black Rhinoplasty
11. Blepharoplasty Trinidad – Eyelid Reshaping and Eyelid Tightening
12. Body Contouring, Body Sculpting – Art, Body, Aesthetics
13. Botox in Aesthetic Medicine
14. Brazilian butt lift before and after, buttock augmentation before and after
15. Breast Augmentation and Enhancement – Breast Implants
16. Breast Augmentation Before and After
17. Breast Augmentation with Fat Grafting and External Expansion
18. Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants Size
19. Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation and Enhancement: Teardrops, Gummy Bears, Furry Brazilians and the Baywatch
20. Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
21. Breast Reconstruction
22. Breast Reduction – Techniques and Indications
23. Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures
24. Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures – Various Techniques
25. Breast Reduction Trinidad – the Treatment for Enlarged Breasts
26. Buttock implants, gluteal augmentation and the Brazilian butt lift
27. Candidate Selection for Abdominal Wall Contouring
28. Caribbean Plastic Surgery Services
29. Caribbean Rhinoplasty in Trinidad
30. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
31. CEO Announcement: Aesthetic Medicine and Skin Therapy
32. CEO Announcement: New Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery Forum at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
33. CEO Announcement: Telemedicine and Virtual Consultations at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
34. Cleft Lip and Palate – Yardsticks for Perfection
35. Correcting Crooked Noses and Faces
36. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Abroad for the Medical Tourist
37. Cosmetic Breast Surgery – Breast Enhancement
38. Craniofacial Surgery
39. Denise’s (Bridgetown/Barbados) Experience at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
40. Difficult Wrists
41. Electrical Injuries – The “Great Masquerader” in Burn Surgery
42. Ethnic Rhinoplasty – Nose Job in Diverse Ethnicities
43. Ethnic Rhinoplasty, a Nose Job for Diversity – Building the Bridge
44. Facelift – Rhytidectomy – Rhytidoplasty
45. Facelift in Real Life – Lifting the Neck and Jowls
46. Fronto-orbital advancement for correction of craniosynostosis
47. Gunshot Injuries of the Hand
48. Gynecomastia (Male Breast Enlargement) and its Therapy, Treatment and Operations
49. Gynecomastia before and after, male breast reduction before and after
50. Hand Fractures
52. Incisions for Breast Augmentation
53. Indian Rhinoplasty
54. Job Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
55. Kayla’s (Georgetown/Guyana) Experience at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
56. Kim’s butt augmentation
57. Laser skin rejuvenation in dark skin types
58. Laser Tattoo Removal in Dark Skin Types
59. Lip Enlargement, Lip Enhancement
60. Lipoabdominoplasty – Tummy Tuck for the 21st Century
61. Liposuction – Lipoplasty – Liposculpture
62. Liposuction before and after, body contouring / liposculpture before and after
63. Malar Bags and Festoons
64. Maria’s (Port-of-Spain, Trinidad) Experience at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
65. Midface Lift
66. Migraine Headaches Treatment with Botox Injections
67. Mini Abdominoplasty, Mini Tummy Tuck
68. Mini incision distributed intervention (MIDI) blepharoplasty
69. Natural Rhinoplasty
70. Nose Job Before and After Pictures: Myth and Reality in Rhinoplasty
71. Nose Job Before and After Pictures: Myth and Reality in Rhinoplasty
72. Nose job before and after, rhinoplasty before and after
73. Nose Job Cost: Value Beats Price – Every Time
74. Options in Breast Reconstruction
75. PIP Implants – Removal or Exchange after Breast Augmentation
76. Plastic Surgery – A Plastic Surgeon’s Perspective
77. Revision Rhinoplasty
78. SAFELipo Liposuction Pioneered in Caribbean by Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
79. Scaphoid Fracture, Scaphoid Fracture Treatment
80. Scar Revisions in Facial Injuries
81. Short Scar Breast Reduction in Trinidad
82. Short Scar Vertical Breast Reduction Surgery in Trinidad
83. Simone’s (Bridgetown, Barbados) Experience at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
84. Six Packs and the Male Abdominal Wall
85. Skin Therapy and Aesthetic Medicine Service Menu September 2010
86. Smoothing the Wrinkles – Wrinkle Treatment
87. Specialist Treatment of Burn Injuries
88. Tendon Injuries in Hand and Fingers
89. Tendon Problems in the Fingers and Hand – Trigger Finger, Trigger Thumb and de Quervain’s Disease
90. The Art of Reducing Excessive Sweating
91. The Culture of Aesthetic Surgery
92. The SAFELipo Liposuction Technique – Best Lipo Ever !
93. The Smarter, Slimmer Lipo – Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery Laser Liposuction
94. Thumb Arthritis – Thumb Basal Joint Arthroplasty
95. Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery Featured in Caribbean Belle Magazine
96. Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery Featured in World of Plastic Surgery
97. Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery in Caribbean Beat Magazine
98. Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery made Number One !
99. Tummy tuck before and after, abdominoplasty before and after
100. Verdine’s (Miami/FL) Experience at Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
101. What is cosmetic surgery, what is reconstructive surgery, what is everything in between ?
102. What is the cost of … ? And why are there consultations ?
103. Writing for the gallery