Administrative Assistant – Job Opportunity, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery Ltd., the largest private plastic surgery provider in the English speaking Caribbean, seeks an Administrative Assistant to support our Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, office location replacing the retiring current position holder.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Managing Director and supports the surgeons and physicians including their private nurses administratively. The position is purely administrative and no clinical / medical background is required.
Compensation is above market average with a performance based component adding 20% – 30% to the base salary. The company covers legally mandated National Insurance Board and Public Health Insurance contributions as well as twenty days per annum paid leave of absence.
Qualifications – Administrative Assistant
- High school diploma required, B or above grade average, associate degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, costumer relationship management systems
- Ability to operate scanners, printers, copy machines, integrated communications equipment
- One to three years experience preferred as an administrative assistant or costumer service representative, preferably in the services, luxury goods or healthcare sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, close to perfect phone and communications etiquette, ability to communicate clearly, politely and concisely using different media – phone, email, messaging, social media, video conferencing
Tasks – Administrative Assistant
- Scheduling of office visits, procedures, tests, treatments and referrals
- Answering of phone, replying to email or other communications, taking and relaying of messages
- Provision of administrative information regarding scheduling, appointments, procedures
- Supporting clients in the use of company website for information, scheduling and general inquiries
- Provision of administrative support to surgeons and physicians relating to correspondence and communications
- Management of administrative parts of client records
Applicants are asked to provide a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all education certificates and professional qualifications, driver’s license and national identification card or residence permit along with two letters of reference from previous employers or educational preceptors to
Managing Director, Trinidad Institute of Plastic Surgery
#3 Alcazar Street, St. Clair, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, W. I.