Why Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures?
Breast reduction before and after pictures are a communication tool between plastic surgeon and patient. Before and after pictures breast reduction are not a guarantee for any outcome or absence of complications. Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammaplasty, illustrates the all important interplay of form and function in plastic surgery.
Breast Reduction – What are the Benefits?
Prior to breast reduction, the client suffers from functional problems, some also evident on breast reduction before and after pictures
- upper torso pain, shoulder pain, sometimes altered sensation in arms caused by the pull of excessive weight
- rashes between and under the breasts
- grooves on shoulders from bra straps, often painful, often with changes in pigmentation from inflammation, again due to excessive weight and resulting excessive pressure
- posture problems, sometimes with excessive kyphosis in the upper thoracic spine
- inability to exercise as large, often pendulous breasts interfere with most activities
- inability to find bras, wardrobe
- self consciousness, sometimes social withdrawal
and the following problems with breast shape, which are obviously more striking on breast reduction before and after pictures
- excessive size and weight in the lower part of the breast
- descent of the majority of the breast volume
- drooping of nipple areola complex
- widened nipple areola complex
- empty upper pole
- tension, striae on skin
- breast do not have a spherical/conical shape, rounded and projecting, but are elongated
I have chosen some extreme examples of breast enlargement and subsequent breast reduction in the following breast reduction before and after pictures presentation.
No Vertical Scar Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures
All reductions were done using a no vertical scar/modified Passot breast reduction technique, which lends itself well to correcting extreme breast enlargement and elongation (“long breasts”). We use an inferior pedicle breast reduction technique in these circumstances, which affords the highest chance of survival of the nipple-areola complex, preservation of lactation and sensation. We have performed breast reductions encompassing over 3kg of tissue removal per side with survival of the nipple-areola complex. One example can be seen in the breast reduction before and after pictures. As a projecting breast is difficult to achieve using Passot’s breast reduction technique we employ internal shaping using sutures of the inferior pedicle and flap (McCraw II reconstruction). The periareolar scar and scar in the fold under the breast tend to be acceptable even in patients of dark skin tone with the appropriate scar care as is hopefully also evident from the breast reduction before and after pictures.No Vertical Scar Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures